ZadPolBlog

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

november election reflection

4/24/06 banter between a few friends. Names removed, oh just cause...
--------------------------------------------------------------------
1002 days left
That's when the shrub can go back to clearing brush on the texas plains.

I hope this email doesn't piss off (folk on mailing list), but I think it is important to take back the House of Reps this November. If you have the means and are interested in helping, out go to
https://www.dccc.org/contribute/default
and give a little bit.

thanks
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh my election dilema will soon rear its ugly head again ... I want republicans out, but I really don't want to vote *for* democrats :: other than a handful of dems, I can't find much to recommend them (there are a smaller handful of republicans I might be able to support even).

Its the difference between voting against someone or voting for the opposition ...

*sigh*

Give me a representative government, and I wouldn't have to worry about throwing my vote away.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
ZadPolBlog:
A desire for Nadar, fraudulent vote tallying, voter suppression and lying all worked together to give us 8 years of destroying our economy and environment for the future, inching us towards a police state, destroyed the outpouring of goodwill that the world had for us, oh shit could I go on and on...

The current state of the Dems are far from my idea of governmental utopia. But doing anything other than voting for them is de facto desiring to perpetuate the new neocon movement, and all that comes with it. There are many a good Republican, however, to a person they are too damn spineless - every single one of them, including McCain (remember the Bush camp's slander against him in the 2000 primary?) bowed to the will of the neocon agenda, even when it was against the fundamental best interests of their constituents and country. Rest assured, the neocon movement is not the shrub. Shrub is just a spokesperson for something much larger than he is, and that will continue well beyond 2008. Do NOT think that a GOP shrub replacement would be any different. They will find a new spokesperson and will NOT support someone of integrity, and they're in control of the GOP pursestrings.

Sorry, but to paraphrase the shrub, you're either against him, or you're with the neocon agenda.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
I totally agree with ZadPolBlog, although I was going to put it much more succinctly:

If you think the Dems and Republicans are the same then I would say you haven't been paying attention the last 6 years. And while the Dems are far, far from perfect and generally spineless for fear of have the Rove smear machine unleashed on them, they are generally more moral and compassionate than the Republicans. It's not shades of grey to me.

ZadPolBlog is also right about the NeoCons - They've been at it a long time. The following letter should be read by everyone. Especially take a look at date it was written and the signers names at the bottom. Most of them are in the government now. It's no accident we went into Iraq; it's been in the works since at least 1998.

http://www.newamericancentury.org/iraqclintonletter.htm

1 Comments:

  • Isn't that the greatest problem with democracy anywhere? That you have to choose between the options available to you, not the ones you wish you could have?

    There is no way around it.

    I'm not a Democrat. I'm not a Republican. I'm too new to this particular political environment to even grasp what they are supposed to be about and what they are really about.

    But I can tell that the Republicans, whatever they are supposed to be, are currently the party of radicals. Religious radicals, foreign policy radicals, big spending radicals...

    Radicalism is not a good thing. At least not when you have unchecked power.

    If I could only vote, you bet it would be for the other party with a chance of taking back control from the radicals.

    It can't be always about "who represents my point of view". Now what we need is someone who doesn't represent the radicals.

    Take back America. Let's return to sanity, please.

    By Blogger C.E. Lopes, at 11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home